If you aren't already on my newsletter list: please sign up here:
Think you don't like sauerkraut? Think again!
Recipe Credit: Cultured Love (a local fermented foods company)
Serving size: 1/4 cup
1 15 oz can chickpeas, rinsed
1 garlic clove, minced
1/2 tsp salt (try Real Salt or Himalayan Pink Salt)
2 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice (fresh, if possible)
1/2 cup Curryosity Kraut from Cultured Love
1/4 cup tahini
1/8 cup water
1/8 cup olive oil
1) Place the chickpeas, garlic and salt in a food processor or blender and process until well mixed. Stop and scrape down the bowl as needed.
2) Add the rest of the ingredients, except the olive oil and blend for another minute.
3) While processor is running add the olive oil. Blend until smooth.
4) Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Recipe credit: Nutrition Stripped
A classic comforting warm and boldly spiced turmeric milk with a hint of sweetness.
2 cups of unsweetened almond milk*
1 tablespoon local honey or pure maple syrup, optional (see below for lower sugar option)
1 tablespoon coconut oil, optional
1 teaspoon ground turmeric
1 cinnamon stick or 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
small pinch of black pepper and grated ginger (fresh is best)
1) Simply pour all ingredients into a small saucepan and bring to a light boil, whisk to combine ingredients. Reduce heat to low and simmer for up to 10 minutes.
2) Strain the milk if you have large pieces of ginger, cinnamon, peppercorns, etc.
3) Enjoy warm is best!
* You may use whatever milk you prefer: I recommend unsweetened coconut or almond milk.
LOWER SUGAR // use pure stevia to sweeten, to taste. (I, [Maria] personally like NOW organic stevia powder or NuNaturals liquid stevia)
Make It A Latte!
Using a blender: simply add all ingredients (already warmed if you want it hot) into the blender + 1 tablespoon of coconut oil and blend for about 1 minute. It gets beautifully frothy!